Monday, February 16, 2015

Nickel Allergy Basics: How Do I Know If It Has Nickel?

The overwhelming fact with nickel allergy and iron oxide allergy is recognizing it is available in so many of our everyday items: cosmetics, cookware, clothing, metal surfaces around the house, and in foods.


Sometimes I'm just not sure if one particular item is causing me unnecessary exposure to more nickel and iron oxide than I should be experiencing. For instance, I have a Sterling Silver chain necklace that I wear on average 5 out of 7 days each week.  What if this chain has more nickel than I expect it to have? To me, that is question #1 for anyone suffering with Nickel Allergy or Iron Oxide Allergy

Well, a basic item every Nickel Allergy sufferer must have is a nickel testing kit.  Nickel Solution is a well known product that offers answers to these questions:




Here is a simple video showing the steps to take in testing for nickel:



I honestly haven't purchased this kit yet. It's next on my list of things to do in learning more about my Nickel Allergy and Iron Oxide Allergy. So I'll be getting this soon to start answering more of my questions. Have you tried the Nickel test kit?


Yesterday, my husband & I enjoyed a day in our local mountains... at Sequoia National Forest, The Big Trees.  It's one of my favorite places to go on a day off!